Thanksgiving is a time to feel blessed as we are surrounded by family, friends, and loved ones. We’re all gathered around the table, sharing stories and laughter. The food smells amazing and we can’t wait to dig in. We think about how thankful we are as we try to focus on the good in our lives. As we wake up the following morning from our Thanksgiving gatherings, we are quickly met with the Black Friday madness. This happens whether the deals are flashing on our TVs or we choose to run to our favorite stores, where people are pushing and shoving, trying to get the best deals. And increasingly, others spend lazy mornings in bed, or return to a work day as they jump on their computers to search for the greatest sale. Whatever the case, it all amounts to the same thing: allowing ourselves to be distracted by consuming more.
Weren’t we just counting our blessings 12 hours ago?
While my kids have a tradition of going to stores with their dad on Black Friday, I enjoy peacefully shopping from my computer on my comfy couch. I love and appreciate so many people and things in my life, but I also love the leather jacket I’ve been eyeing for a few months. So, I ask myself: Why can’t I count my blessings while also feeling appreciative that the jacket is now on sale? Is it possible for Black Friday to be a continuation of the joy and gratitude I felt the day before, instead of getting lost in the dopamine-fueled contact high of clicking “Buy Now”?
While Black Friday may bring happiness to some, it can also be a source of stress and anxiety for others. The large crowds, long lines, and chaotic atmosphere can overwhelm some of us, making us feel lost and incomplete. But it can be powerful to try to maintain that spirit of gratitude that kept us so uplifted the day before. If you find yourself feeling stressed or anxious on Black Friday, there are a few things you can do to help yourself relax and enjoy the day:
- Plan ahead as much as possible. You can do this by making a list of specific items you want to purchase and the stores you would like to go to. This will help you stay focused and avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- Take a deep breath and remind yourself that this is supposed to be fun! Black Friday doesn’t have to be stressful; it can be an opportunity to spend time with friends and family, and to enjoy the festive atmosphere. If you can focus on the positive aspects of the day, you’ll be sure to have a good time.
- Lastly, if you’re anything like me, you are very happy that someone created Cyber Monday, which can help you avoid the craziness of Black Friday altogether!
Speaking of which, here are some great Black Friday, Black Friday Extended, Cyber Monday, Cyber Monday “still available on Tuesday” deals:
- Step out in this gorgeously unique biker leather jacket, complete with a fall-ready removable hood. It’s the perfect combination of feminine and cool. There’s a beautiful bone option, but the green is just so good!
- Bash is one of my favorite go-to’s for sweaters and dresses. I always love it when one of my favorites goes on sale—such as this elegant but functional cardigan. It provides a touch of dressy style that perfectly complements any look. I wear this cardigan with a white tee and high-rise pants to complete the day-to-night look!
- Men, I’ve got you covered, too! For the golfers out there, here’s the new Roll-A-Putt Mat to perfect your golf swing. I also found the best loungewear: hoodies, joggers, and the softest pajama set ever—perfect for dozing on the couch on those lazy days.
- If you are planning a vacation anytime soon, do not miss this sale opportunity to purchase an Away carry-on suitcase with a pocket. The pocket is a new addition that’s ideal for securing a laptop and other items for easy access. Add substantial packing cubes that’ll help you get organized quicker, so you can include a gorgeous cover-up for her and cool boardshorts for him.
- Bring game night into your home this holiday season with a beautiful backgammon set. Serve your favorite beverage in these stylish green tumblers while keeping warm by staying wrapped up in a cashmere throw.
For more Black-Friday finds, click on DeDe’s Click-To-Buy. Enjoy!
*DeDe Hallerman website only links to and recommends products that DeDe truly believes in based on research and recommendations and may earn a small commission by linking to online retailers.